Dunedin, Florida, is a quaint little town located on the Gulf of Mexico. It’s a great place to visit with kids, offering plenty of fun and kid-friendly activities. Here are some of the best places to visit when in Dunedin with your family.
- Honeymoon Island State Park is a great place to take kids of all ages. The park features four miles of white sandy beaches, hiking trails, and a nature center. Kids will love exploring the tide pools and looking for shells along the beach. The park also has a playground and picnic areas, making it a great place to spend a whole day.
- The Dunedin Fine Art Center offers art classes and camps for kids of all ages. Kids can explore their creativity while learning about different art mediums such as painting, pottery, and sculpture. The center also has a gallery where kids can see local art and get inspired for their own creations.
- The Dunedin Historical Society & Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the town. Kids can explore exhibits on the early settlers, the citrus industry, and the railroad. The museum also has a children’s corner with interactive displays and activities.
- The Dunedin Public Library is a great place to take kids on a rainy day. The library has a children’s section with books, puzzles, and games. They also offer storytime for kids of all ages and other events throughout the year.
- Blue Jays Spring Training - If you’re visiting Dunedin in the spring, be sure to catch a Blue Jays Spring Training game. The team’s training facility is located in Dunedin, and kids will love watching their favorite players up close.
- The Pinellas Trail is a 47-mile paved trail that runs through Dunedin and other towns in Pinellas County. It’s a great place to take a family bike ride or walk. Along the way, you can stop at parks and playgrounds or grab a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants along the trail.
- Dunedin Lanes is a classic bowling alley that’s been around since the 1950s. Kids will love the retro vibe and the chance to bowl with the whole family. They also offer laser tag and an arcade.
- Florida Auto Exchange Stadium is home to the Dunedin Blue Jays during the regular season. If you’re visiting in the summer, be sure to catch a game. Kids will love the atmosphere and the chance to see future major league stars up close.
- Hammock Park is a nature preserve with hiking trails and picnic areas. Kids will love exploring the trails and seeing the wildlife. The park also has a playground and a butterfly garden.
- The Clearwater Marine Aquarium is located just a few miles from Dunedin and is home to Winter the dolphin, star of the movie “Dolphin Tale.” Kids can see Winter and other marine animals up close, learn about marine conservation, and even participate in hands-on activities.
In conclusion, Dunedin, Florida, is a great place to visit with kids. From beaches and parks to museums and sports, there’s something for everyone. Plan your trip today and make lasting memories with your family.